Thursday, July 31, 2008

He's Here!!




Since I'm sitting here with nothing else to do, I thought I'd put a couple of the first pictures up of Kilun. Kilun Nicholas Engelbrecht was born July 31, at 5:17 pm. He weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz, 20 1/2 in.

Labor was uneventful. I had a doctors appointment this afternoon and I had progressed from last week, so she sent me over to the hospital. I got here shortly after 1 and he came at 5, so it was pretty quick. All it took was the doctor breaking my water.

Unfortunately, despite the fact that I was past 37 weeks and considered full-term, I still don't have him here with me. He was doing great when he was born and then they think that he "inhaled a lugee" or something. So, they took him down to "transition" which is where they watch babies to decide whether or not they need to be admitted to the NICU. Please pray that little Kilun will not have to make a NICU stay. We want so much to take him home (don't mind my previous post about liking the NICU, I lied :) ) Chris went down to check on the status about a half hour ago but they were in the middle of shift change so he couldn't go in. I'll post an update when I hear one.

8 comments:

Min said...

Congrats Melissa and Chris!

Sariah said...

Oh my goodness! First of all, Congratulations!!!

Wow, thanks for posting so quickly - and with pictures too! You're incredible! Initially I thought it must be Chris who was posting this. lol

Kilun is in our prayers! I hope he's doing well and is back with you soon!

The Valentine Fam said...

Congrats on the new little one... and a ruby :)! He's very cute. He's in our prayers and hopefully he'll get to go home. Get so rest!

Charlotte Varble said...

Congratulations! How do you pronounce his name? Ki or Kee? How did you come up with it? He looks so cute!

LeRoy & Anne Welling said...

Chris and Melissa,
Congratulations on the new little one!! We will keep him in our prayers that he will be with you soon and that you can take him home!! Wouldn't that be great?!!
Love,
Roy and Anne

Erin said...

Ahhh! Congrats!!! How exciting! Yes, I want to know how to pronounce his name too...What a cutie! I am praying that you will be able to take hime home!

Tawnya said...

Congrats you two! And I'm so happy that you got your Ruby! He's darling. He's in our prayers!

Morgan said...

So glad to see pictures!! I hope that he is doing well today! Can't wait to hear updates.