Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Easter

Our Easter was eventful, yet uneventful at the same time. We did a lot of Easter stuff on Saturday as well as Xadun's birthday which was also on Sunday. (Stay tuned for that blog :) ) My mom's ward had an Easter brunch on Saturday, so we went to that. They had a really yummy egg casserole!! After breakfast they had an Easter egg hunt.






After getting ALL that candy we went back in to get pictures with the Easter Bunny

Lunch was at Ellen & Boyd's. My kids LOVE going to see Grandma & Grandpa (great), Ellen & Boyd, and Mark & Carole!! The only bad part was it was in the dirt. I am NOT a fan of dirt. Chris keeps telling me it's what boys do, but it doesn't make me like it any better. Here's some pics from the day:



Xadun playing with Grandpa


Flying the Tustison's kite


All the kids playing in the dirt, plus Carole :) (Katie wasn't playing, just taking pictures.)


Chaetun & Riley on the tractor.



My boys




What'd you say?


We colored eggs that night. My mom heard a couple of new ways to color eggs, so we tried them.



This was the tissue paper method. You cut up different colors of tissue paper and wrap the wet egg in them...it didn't work.


This was using food coloring and rolling it around in the colander. It worked, but was more work than needed.


So, we finished the old fashioned way.

I thought I had pictures of Easter morning, but apparently I don't. Church at 9 makes for a whirlwind mom trying to get everyone ready.

2 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

Tawnya had a "tie dyed" kit - what a mess! Old fashioned always works! Such a fun day - even in the dirt!

JANIS HOLLAHAN said...

THERE ISN'T MUCH MORE TO DO AT MY PARENT'S THEN PLAY IN THE DIRT. IT IS EVERYWHERE. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GET GRASS SOON. GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD EASTER.